Process: material selection → peeling garlic → slices → rinsing → dehydration → drying → finished products.
(1) raw material selection. Should choose mature, complete, clean, no moth, no mildew rotten, diameter of 4 ~ 5 cm dry garlic as raw materials. Wet fresh garlic should be dried to reduce the moisture content.
(2) peel garlic. Before peeling garlic using a knife to garlic root slice, otherwise drying near the garlic root color darkened; At the same time to the garlic on the trauma discoloration and spots dug out, and remove the furfurization of the deterioration of the garlic. Peel garlic can be directly dry peel, can also be soaked in water after wet peel. When wet peel, soak with water for about 30 minutes, too long time will affect the color and flavor of the product. Be sure to attach to the garlic cloves on the thin garlic stripping, and then rinse with water, so that the garlic cloves clean.
(3) slice. Use a slicer to cut the garlic cloves after cleaning into pieces. The thickness of the fresh garlic slices should be about 2.2 mm, and should be uniform, complete and without debris.
(4) Rinsing. The cut garlic pieces can be rinsed in a tank or a pool, and washed until the garlic pieces are clean and the water is clear.
(5) Dehydration. The washed garlic pieces are dehydrated in a centrifuge, and the dehydration time is about 1 minute. Note that the time should not be too long, otherwise the garlic pieces are prone to sputum (empty, soft), and the surface produces small bubbles, which affect the product yield and quality.
(6) Drying.It is usually dried manually in a drying room. Before drying, the garlic pieces after drowning are firstly spread and then placed in a baking tray, and 1.5 to 2 kg of garlic pieces are preferably placed in a baking pan area per square meter. The baking temperature is controlled at 65-70 ° C, and generally can be dried after 6.5-7 hours. The moisture content of the dried garlic pieces is between 5% and 6%.